Friday, January 7, 2011

Hurt, but hopeful.

It’s very heartening to see support from all of you, but news like this dampens my spirit…
Sadly, this is not the only one.

Tiger death stats grim for state - Times of India, Bangalore

There are many more such articles.

Even though many of the articles are painful to read, there is some good news too.
It warms my heart to know about people like Prannay Kohli, a 16-year old student from Delhi,
who has been working to save us tigers since he was in Class 2!

Tigers' hope in Ranthambore

With people like you standing by our side, I feel all is not yet lost.
So … I still dare to hope.

Thank you,

Hope shines bright!


Hi everyone,

I’m completely overwhelmed to see so much support from all of you. I know India is where we belong and the people of our country will do everything to help us tigers survive. I just don’t know how to thank you!

I’ve read all your comments and it’s really great to see everyone not just stopping at showing support, but also giving ideas and suggestions to help us. With more people joining us every day, I hope you’ll spread our message far and wide.

And I’m really excited to see the discussions on my Facebook page too (@ssharmaofficial).
With people planning events, discussing ideas and actions to help us and getting actively involved, it gives me hope that this is just the beginning of great things to come.

I can’t wait to hear more suggestions and see the people of India lead the change!

Looking ahead with pride,
Stripey

Just 1411 left.




Just 1411 left.

Our national animal is fighting for its life.
From around 40,000 at the turn of the last century, there are just 1411 tigers left in India.
If we don’t act now, we could lose this part of our heritage forever.
Speak up, blog, share the concern, stay informed… Every little bit helps.
Aircel has partnered with WWF-India to help save our tigers. Explore the site to know how you can help.
Watch this space for updates from Stripey, the tiger cub.

No comments:

Post a Comment